1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: WS Foodie Wednesday: Practical Kitchen Tips

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

WS Foodie Wednesday: Practical Kitchen Tips

Wifespeaks: Foodie Wednesday
When it comes to practicality in the house, Hubby will definitely agree that he can trust me on this. I can make a lengthy entry about this and I won't run out of ideas. A very great way to save would be to stack up on your groceries. Buying those big packs of tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, cooking oil and other staples in the kitchen could mean a lot of savings. Same goes with other household supplies. Grocery should be the done in one to weeks interval. If this is strictly followed, you can lessen the trips to the grocery thus saving on time, energy and even gas.

With regards to food, I try to make a list of what I will be cooking for the entire week. This way I will have a list of what to buy when I go to the market. Sometimes, you just can't help to have some leftovers. When this happens, I put them in the microwaveable containers and stock them up in the freezer. I make it a point that we have a "dig-in-those-frozen-dish meal" (read: Mom is lazy tired to cook!) within the week which means that all the left-over in the fridge will be reheated and it will be the dish for that particular meal. Now, there are some dishes that can be transformed gracefully into another one. Just take the case of my Chopsuey.


The following day, I saute some garlic, onion and put in a dash of oyster sauce (or soy sauce). Put some canton noodles in the pan and some chicken stock (or chicken cubes and water). And then I mix in the left over chopsuey. After just a few minutes and I already have this delicious Pancit Canton, which we can enjoy either as snack or breakfast.

Can you share site some examples on how to save on food?



3 comments:

  1. the food looks great! nakakagutom! pancit perfect for merienda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice info, it's really a time and money saving tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fudge. I really have to learn how to cook not to mention how to manage our kitchen *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.