1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Becoming a Child again at Movie Stars Cafe

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Becoming a Child again at Movie Stars Cafe


When I was a young girl, I have always been fascinated with movies and how they are made.  I was a teenager when I dreamed to become one but my family did not supported my ambition hence I did not pushed with it.  Visiting MovieStars Cafe last April 26 fulfilled my dream of becoming a star even just for a night. What with all the characters that I was able to mingle with who wouldn't feel like a star for a night.

It is good that we came in really early because we had the chance to take lots of photo before the area was filled up.  The place wasn't hard to find especially during the night because they have search lights and they say that it can be seen to as far as 4 kilometers from the place.  Mala Batman lang ang peg!
But since we came in when the sun was still up, these are the signs greeted us.

Spiderman, the Alien and Jack Skellington and her bride

goofing around with Kingkong

Our food attendant told us that the area could really get cramped up during weekends so it's good that we have a reservation.  The place has a sitting capacity of 300 persons.  Once we get in, we were greeted by their nice staff and we were seated right away to an area near the buffet table.  I immediately noticed that they do have an open kitchen which is a plus factor for us.  My firstborn loves to see how food is being prepared so it was already an entertaining thing for him.  I was not able to check out the restroom though because I was soooo busy taking photos of the place.  Hubby was the one who took care of changing the little princess' nappy when it was time to do so.  He gave the restroom area two thumbs up because there was a diaper changing area even on the Men's restroom.


inside Movie Stars Cafe


Having two men who are hungry and two ladies who wants to sample most of the items on the buffet table, we did not hesitated on going for the Dino Buffet for the four of us.  The kid was able to satisfy his burger cravings because he was actually able to create his own masterpiece.  The other dishes were good but I loved their pasta most.  The pasta was al dente and the sauces were oh-so-good that it made me come back for more. Oh and I forgot to mention that their DIY Salad bar contains really crisp and fresh green.






Even if there is not much on the buffet table, I would say that the price was reasonable enough.  Remember that you not only enjoy good food here but great entertainment, too.  That's money spent wisely 'no?

Buffet Price:
 

Dinner Buffet starts at 6:00PM-10:00PM
 
Php 699.00 add Php 99.00 Drink all you can (soda, coffee/tea, iced tea, juice, draft/beer)
Php 400.00 (6-12 years old)
Php 299.00 (3-5 years old)
FREE (0-2 years old)
Add Php 100 on Fri, Sat, Sun, Holiday and the day before Holidays and Holidays


Midnight Buffet (10PM- 2AM) Php 599.00 All you can drink 

Now about the shows.  It was a Saturday, when we went there and the main performance was the Lion King.  It was a good decision to wait for the main performance because it brought me back to the days when I sat in front of our good ol' TV set and enjoyed the movie while it was being played in video.
 I was amazed that I still remember the lyrics of the songs and could still sing along with most of it.  The lady played the Priest has such a very powerful voice.  I literally thug my group to have our picture taken with the cast.

The show is every 30 minutes and most of the shows lasted at about 10 minutes.  But for me, the whole time that we spend inside the resto was a big part show. You get to rub elbows with your childhood superheroes or teenage crushes.  I even became Mime's love interest that night since we seem to wear a couples' shirt.


If you want to experience good food and great entertainment, hop on over to Movie Stars Cafe. Want to get discounts, just use code TFID-2204 and get 10% off your bill.



For reservations and more information, contact details are as follows:

Cellphone Numbers:
Globe: 0905-277-9999
Smart: 0908-200-9999
Email Add: info@moviestarscafe.com
Business Hours:
Monday-Saturdays: 12pm - 2am
Holiday-Sunday: 12pm-12am
Address:
 Seaside Blvd, SM MAll of Asia, Pasay City, Philippines
Hot line: (02) 550-1234
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MovieStarsCafe

Thanks Movie Stars Cafe and Mommy Bloggers Philippines for making my dream of becoming a star to come true. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.