1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: My ticket to a Holiday in Portugal

Friday, June 26, 2009

My ticket to a Holiday in Portugal

I have created a facebook group account bearing the family name of my mom. The purpose of which is that I can send a group mail to my cousins in connection with our previous (and hopefully future) reunions. But then, I was amazed because I have actually received a number of requests from people whom I really do not know telling how they wish to join the group. Three of them are from Portugal. Well, my mom´s maiden name is really Spanish sounding. Curiously, I did some research and found out that there are really a lot of Anonuevos in Portugal. I wonder if we are related at all. I remember my grandmother telling us stories that our great grandfather was from a really wealthy Hispanic family who have been Filipinized because he married our great grandmother. The wealthy part is another story. Now, if this is the case, then I guess there is a possibility that we can be related to this Anonuevos in Portugal.


Because of this, I googled on the places in Portugal. I was mesmerized at how the structure of the Santa Justa Elevator is very similar to the Eiffel Tower. It would also be nice to take a leisure walk on Rua das Portas de Santo Antão. Perhaps, I could eat at one of the seafood restaurants there. I just hope that during nighttime, I can enjoy a concert at Coliseu dos Recreios. There will be no problem if my feet got tired of walking. A decent
cheap car hire in portugal is just a phone call away. I am sure they can immediately bring me to the nearby Clarion Suites Lisbon Hotel. But then, for now, I m gonna have to answer the group requests from these ladies in Portugal bearing the same maiden name as my mom. Who knows, they could be my ticket to a holiday in Portugal.





2 comments:

  1. That's interesting! You might have a distant relative in Portugal :)

    ... by the way, I've given you an award! You can stop by my blog to claim it!

    regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i will post this awards as soon as I have the time..will keep you notified once this is done...

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.