1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Finding Comfort in Food

Friday, June 05, 2009

Finding Comfort in Food


It's been raining cats and dogs in the Philippines for almost a week now. I have been craving for soupy dishes as well as soupy snacks. I realized I haven't cooked much soupy snacks lately. For a change, I cooked this "Misua con Meatballs" today. This is actually one of my comfort foods. I remember my mom making this when one of us was sick. She would sit down by the bedside and feed us with it. It is perfect for the rainy days. You know what, my son asks for rice when it was served.
Misua con Meatballs

For more Foodtrippers visit this.



6 comments:

  1. you know what, miswa w/ patola is one of my favorite soup, because of the sweetness patola gave to the soup and it's been a long time since I ate one,hmmm yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your presentation to this dish is more yummy and more appetizing than what i do

    my entry is here


    Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

    Thanx for the Visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can eat Misua w/ Patola and lotsa meatballs anytime of the day.
    Thanks for joining us. I appreciate it. :)
    FoodTripFriday

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love miswa. real noodles are always better than the "instant" variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can eat misua with patola and meatballs anytime. Almondegas is one of my favorite soups ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great food for the cold days. i posted miswa soup too fridays back. :)

    hope you can visit my entry this week here - http://arlenecollado.com

    happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.