1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: WS SpeakOutFriday: You, Before and After The Knot

Saturday, May 30, 2009

WS SpeakOutFriday: You, Before and After The Knot

Wifespeaks: Speak Friday


Eight years ago, my life revolves around me, myself and I. I decide for myself. I work for myself. I buy myself whatever fancies my desires. After May 30,2001, everything changed. You see, eight years ago, was my wedding day. Actually, it was during the wedding preparation days that made me realize that after jumping into marriage, not just my name would changed but everything else will. I make decisions if not with him at least with him in mind. I changed the way I handle finances. The choice of food was also a compromise and yes, even the way I sleep have changed.

What I miss most about being single is the way I sleep. Alright, before marriage, I can go to bed the wee hours of the night (minsan madaling araw pa!) and get up in the afternoon (specially during weekends or on holidays). This is the first thing that changed when I get married. My husband has always been an early-to-bed-early-to-rise person. He wants to take his breakfast with me. Nakakaawa naman pag hindi ako bumangon kasi he'd go to work without having his breakfast. Initially, this was really hard for me. I struggled during the first years of our marriage until I gave birth. After giving birth, it seems to natural to wake up early because I have to attend not just to the needs of my spouse but to the needs of my child as well. Eight years after, marunong na ako gumising ng maaga and brunch is no longer the first meal of my day. I now know how to eat my breakfast.

Oh and another thing that I miss from my pre-mariaal times would be my numerous pillows that surrounds me while I snuggle.

Was it worth the change? Eight years after, I swear I could live without a pillow than without him beside me in bed.



1 comment:

  1. amen. we have the same things that we miss! and, like you, i don't think i can imagine a life without being squished in bed by the two people i love most in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.