1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Mother's Day Lunch

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Lunch

My mom's family hails from Bicol. During my younger years, Lola used to live with us. She was a very good cook, and yes, she cooks good "ginataan" dishes. There was even a time in my life that I was getting tired of having ginataan dishes every week, sometimes even twice of them in a weeks time. But when, I grow a little older, I began to realize the tedious process of cooking these dishes and started to begin liking them. I am even popular in my friend's circle because I am the only one who can cook a ginataan dish the way a true Bicolana does it. But eversince Mom died, I could easily count in my fingers the times that I cooked these dishes. Yesterday, I was on a reminiscing mode and I decided to whip up a ginataan dish. I cooked Ginataang Langka. At syempre ang terno ng Ginataang Langka ay Steamed Tahong. We pigged out on these for our Mother's Day lunch.

Ginataang Langka

Steamed Tahong


Oh, I could still hear their burps after eating.

1 comment:

  1. shucks...kakagutom naman yung langka...waaa...papaluto nga ako ng ganyan sa mom ko...hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.