1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: My Lucky Charm

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Lucky Charm

The year of the Black Water Dragon arrived last 23rd of January. The whole Chinese community was very busy decorating their areas and ensuring that their traditions are still being followed to a T. The Philippines, being a country that has Chinese as the biggest minority group, was not spared with all the happenings. What better way to show it than declaring that day as a special non-working holiday. The malls are ablaze with red lanterns and whenever you turn your head you will surely see someone wearing red. The Chinese not only believed that the color red signifies luck for the coming year, they also say that red drives away bad vibes and evil spirits. My kid was really excited when he saw this huge tree inside SM City Fairview with hanging Ang Paos. He thought that anyone who was at the mall is given the chance to pick one from the tree and take with it whatever was inside. I explained to him that it was just for display and pictorial purposes. When he heard it, he gamely posed in front of the huge tree and ask me to take his picture.


huge tree full of Ang Pao


Japanese not Chinese!

praying for a sibling, eh?
my very own Buddha, my lucky charm
He also asked us to pose for the camera as well.
Feng Shui experts say that this is an auspicious year, since a dragon is synonymous to prosperity.  I claim that this year is going to be filled with more blessings not just for my family but for the entire country,not because I was boen in the year of the dragon but because I believe that every year is God’s year.
mommy moments

10 comments:

  1. This is your lucky year, sis! That's a very good reason to be happy. I wish those ang paos have money inside, though. LOL! I hope you can visit my MM and Happiness Is... entry, too. http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2012/01/wonderful-gifts-from-my-high-school-friend.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy chinese new year to you and your family! thanks for joining mommy moments this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting, Mommy Chris...happy chinese new year to you too...

      Delete
  3. Happy Beautiful family bonding. Happy chinese new year.

    Mommy Moments

    I am now your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang daming ang pao! sana may laman. hehe! ;)

    thanks for linking up to Happiness Is.

    see you again next week for another round of happy posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year is a lucky year for you Sis! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    Visiting from happiness is.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys really had fun, visiting for mommy moment, mine is up at

    http://www.prettysinglemom.com/2012/01/mommy-moment.html

    I hope to see you around,,...

    ReplyDelete
  7. what happy family you have Sis :-) I hope that this year will bring more happiness in your home :-)Visiting from Happines is...hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/01/he-shoots-he-scores.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. the happiness is visible in your son's face, late visit for happiness is meme. come and visit me at http://www.pinaysinglemomsnook.info/personalized-invitation/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey! i know this tree, it really was cool!

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.