1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Planning for a Birthday Party

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Planning for a Birthday Party

It´s already the month of July. We are already more than half way of the current year and this also means I have only one month to plan on my kid´s upcoming 7th birthday. No, it´s not going to be grand. I am actually planning on a do-it-yourself birthday party for him. I am now starting to think of a theme. He insists on having a Spongebob Party but he already have one on his 3rd. Hubby suggests a Transformers theme but it appears too hard to make a DIY birthday party with that theme.

I have been checking on some stuffs for the event. I already have plans on going to Divisoria to buy the supplies (like the balloons, the loot bags and perhaps the souvenirs). I have also spoken with my previous baking instructor for the cake. She is just waiting for the theme to finalize the cake design. Oh, one thing more, my son is asking for food carts but I think I will just assign one of my cousins to cook fishballs and cheese sticks during the party. Right now, what needs to be taken cared off will be the food for the adults who will be joining the kids on that day. My kumares are asking for Palabok. I am still thinking if I can cook it and still be able to entertain the guests on that day. Surely, it is going to be one tiring event to plan ,and to executebut if it is for my kid then everything is worth it.

Care to share any idea on preparing for a birthday party? If you can share me suppliers for DIY parties, I would really appreciate it.


2 comments:

  1. I can suggest you to have a forest theme on your baby's birthday. All you need is the animal costume and some forest designed back drop. Good luck to your party and may your kid enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamjam will be having her first birthday this September. And yes, it's kinda stressful when planning your child's birthday because you want to make sure that on the day of the celebration, everything will be perfect and seamless. Well, I just hope I live there in Manila (or probably in a place near Divisoria). I really envy those who get to shop at Divisoria for party's souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.