1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Mommy Moments: Encounter with Pets and Animals

Friday, July 03, 2009

Mommy Moments: Encounter with Pets and Animals

mommy moments


I have always lived in a house with a pet dog. My mom believes that having a pet inside the house teaches us to be compassionate. All of our dogs stayed with us until their dying years. We have learned to love these dogs as part of the family and have always thought of them as companions and not just pets. The first two pictures show my kid having a grand time with one of the puppies of our six year old dog, Chinkie. Jian is only two years old in those pictures.





Unlike some households that discard their pets once a new baby is about to be born, we are different. We managed to keep our pets even when I gave birth to my son almost seven years ago. I could say that he have been exposed to animals since then. Jian was very fond of one our dog named Luthor (a showtype pit bull) that he cried when the poor dog died of heatstroke. To think that Jian was only four years old then. Too bad, I was not able to get a picture of them together.

Jian also enjoyed our trip to the Manila Ocean Park.

That is a spider crab and he would like us to get one on his birthday.

He wants to ride a horse, but we haven´t had the chance to ride a real horse so he just confined himself with this.


So you think kids and animals don´t mix, think again. Visit more kids enjoying their encounters with animals in Mommy Moments.



17 comments:

  1. I like that spider crab too. I love sea creatures more than cats and dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang cute ni Chinkie. :] Looks like Jian really loves your dog.

    I'm more than excited for his spider crab.. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dogs/puppy, used to have them when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I grew up with pets around us. I just hope my kids will have dogs or cats for a pet. Maybe in a year or so. For now, aquarium fish muna pwede sa knila. Me asthma kasi son ko e :)

    I hope Jian will get his spider crab someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture of Jian kissing the puppy! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. naku ako rin excited nung una, kaso ang mahal pala ng maintenance ng saltwater aquarium...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also hope that someday we´ll be able to give him that spider crab pag teenager na siguro sya, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mommy! I haven't been to Ocean Park,mukhang madaming makikita. And I like the dog. I want my son to a pet pooch soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Mommy Ench!
    will grab the award tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ocean park is indeed a great place to visit for kids. My children enjoyed it there. happy weekend Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so touched by your post. you see, we had to give up our dog when i got pregnant because we had no place of our own yet and i had to live with my parents again since i had a real difficult 1st trimester. and our parents didnt want to adopt the dog we had to their homes :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice pics... thnks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's in SM marilao no?

    corect ka jan, pag nawala na takot nila, ung animal na susuko sa kanila.. ako din I grew up with dogs pero hindi ako naging dog lover waaah..

    ey thanks for the congrats.. we are so excited about it at si cata natatakot na haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello sis, 
      the spidercrab is so big, hindi ba siya  natatakot dun? anyway have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.