1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: I Love Being a Mom Because...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Love Being a Mom Because...



A few days back, GMA News TV was re-airing most of its motherhood related documentaries.  One of which was a feature on how a mother gives birth.  As we were watching,memories rushed in.  I remember how it was for me during those days.  It was almost ten years ago but everything is still fresh in my memory.  I could still talk about all the details as if they just happened yesterday.  I was awaken from my trip to memory lane when my son suddenly said, " Mahirap pala maging manganak,Mama, eh bakit gusto mo pa magkaanak pa ulit?...saka ganyan ka din ba nung nanganak ka sa akin?"  I answered his questions with a smile.  But as usual the kid was not contented with that.  So I said, " Ang pagiging nanay ang pinakamasarap na parte ng buhay ko."  In my mind, I began to enumerate why I love being a Mom, and these are what I was able to come up with.
Jian and me, eight years ago

I love Being a Mom Because:
  • I was able to give back to my mother for all the hardship of bringing me to this world.  And for me, it is a privilege given only to women because fathers won't know how it their moms feel while they were still in their womb.
  • Motherhood brought out the best in me.  Prior to giving birth, I don't think I can love someone unconditionally.
  • I learn a lot as my kid grows because motherhood does not come with a user manual.
  • My kid is a gift from God (and all kids are).  I was a diagnosed with PCOS as early as I was in college and I never imagined being pregnant after six months of marriage.
  • Together with my Hubby, I was able to be one with God by being a co-creator of another life.
  • Just seeing the kid happy and healthy is more than enough happiness the mother's heart in me can ever contain.
no, that's not his cake, it's her cousin's cake
Yes, indeed, motherhood is never an easy task.  We don't get paid with cash but with smiles(and hugs and kisses).  We are not allowed to take our day-offs nor resign, because it will mean that we will miss out on more happy time with the kids.  And yes, if I will be given another chance on motherhood, I will gladly obliged.

Now fellow moms, why do you love being a mom? Comment away, I'd love to read your reasons.




mommy momentsPhotobucket

10 comments:

  1. It's the most rewarding job you could ever have! I feel the same! Thanks for joining Color Connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome privilege to be a mother, even with all the challenges it brings, I would do it all over again. Thank God for this blessing to be a co-creator with Him. Great post!
    I found you on ThePepperrific life and joined you on GFC.
    Have a blessed weekend!
    www.ugochi-jolomi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped at your Entre card as well and liked your FB page!
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have PCOS too :)
    What I love about being a mom is the fulfillment of hearing my daughter say "I love you" to me out of the blue. It simply wipes away all my fatigue from work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same. I will always be proud to celebrate Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww...what a sweet pictures of Mom and son :-) Dropping by from Color Connection

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beats being a mom! We're all lucky to be the mother of our children. Here's my MM entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2012/05/mothers-day-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I was a mom I was self-centered, and impatient at kids screaming or even just fussing in restaurants. That all changed when I became a mom. Whoa! whole new world, whole new me. I almost could not believe it. You're right about motherhood bringing out the best in women, at least us who are talking here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing compares to the joy of being a mom :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a mom is one of God's greatest blessing!! :D what a privilege! :D thanks for joining Mommy Moments again.

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.