1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Hoping for a Second Child

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hoping for a Second Child

A few years back we have decided that we wanted an addition to our little family. We were hoping that it would not take us too long as we got pregnant just after six months of being married. After a few months of actively trying without any positive results, we decided to go to an Obstetrician. I was then told that I was part of the 10% of the women population who is suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom (PCOS). The doctor said that I was lucky that I was able to conceive without any aids from fertility drugs. She told us that it is a condition that is the culprit to most infertility problem in women. She said my hormones are out of balance and that I need to drink different kinds of medications to balance them out. True enough after years of not using any contraceptives, we still are three. Except for that joyful daythat I had almost 3 years ago, we never saw two lines in a pregnancy test again. But the happiness lasted for just a few days, we lost the baby.

I am about to turn 36 in a few months time and though I find it too old for conceiving and giving birth, I find it rightful to give it another try for this year. Much for my son, than for us, because I am seeing how sad his situation is (and will be in the future)as an only child. So we then decided to again go seek medical help. I am now taking in medications which we hope could eventually give us that much awaited two lines. Hubby on the other hand is also requested to undergo some series of laboratory tests. And yes, we are praying really hard for another baby to come our way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.