1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Mommy Moments: An Indian Boy

Friday, January 20, 2012

Mommy Moments: An Indian Boy

My kid's school recently celebrated their foundation day. As always the school held a lot of activities for the kids to participate. The kid, together with his classmates, participated in the Annual Field Demonstration where each class presents a dance number choreographed by their advisers. Their teacher picked the song from the movie Pocahontas and aptly designed an American Indian costumes for the kids. Even if I am a working mom, I never failed to attend activities in the kid's school, most especially if he will be one of the performers. I know that it boosts his morale and makes him put his best foot forward. And yes, it was a great opportunity to document his school life. I have attach some photos of the kids with his friends.
My kid is already in fourth grade and I have seen how he was able to connect well with another kid in school. He has his own set of friends now and yes, he told me he has a best friend. He introduced me to his best friend way back on his third grade. They have been classmates since first grade. And looking at them in these pictures, I can see their similarities. I even kidded that they look like brothers. And yes, you are guessing it right! Both of them loves to eat. This is my first Mommy Moment entry for the year. Happy Chinese New Year to all the other MM participants.
mommy moments

8 comments:

  1. Kids love it when they see their parents cheering for them during school activities. I'm sure your son is very happy to have your presence around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is so true...he actually treats not to participate if he will not see me as one of the audience...thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. Like you, I also make it a point to attend all of my son's school activities. That's part of my goal to witness and document all of his milestones. Those are cute Indian kids! Which of the two boys is your son, by the way? Thanks for the visit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tetcha, thanks for the visit..the shorter guy is my kid...I rarely get to have him pose all by himself now...he's really growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing these mommy. It reminded me of my younger days where I wore a costume of an Indian girl, hehe.
    Visiting you back from MM. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i was also reminiscing as I watch them...I once wore an Indian costume too! thanks for the visit, cookie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. im sure when your son grows up, he will appreciate you being there in every school event :D happy mommy moments! glad you joined us again this week! sorry for my late visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i also try to attend every school activities of my little one, visiting for mommy moment, mine is at

    http://www.prettysinglemom.com/2012/01/mommy-moment.html

    see you around

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.