1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: MM: Mama's Birthday

Friday, November 04, 2011

MM: Mama's Birthday

This day could have been Mama's 54th birthday, but she is celebrating her birthday without us. Instead of the usual videoke feat that the family used to have whenever he natal day came, she is being sung to by angels. Instead of the usual food , she is enjoying food for the soul. Yes, she is no longer with us. The last birthday she celebrated with us was her 50th. It was really a blast. All her loved ones were there. I was able to bring in her friends from her heydays. I was really exhausted that day even a week before the big event. I supervised everything: from foods, to her clothes, to the visitors. It was to repay all the wonderful birthday memories I had that she was able to give me; from my 1st, my 18th and even to those that I was spending away from her. And it was not only my birthdays that she made special, even those of my brothers and that of her only apo, my son. She never failed to remember cooking our favorite dishes during our birthdays. So, on her 50th birthday, we gave her what we could give back.


We called all her dearest friends, gave her sisters from Pangasinan and Cebu their fare so they could attend. We bought her a three-tiered cake, which she really adored. His brothers danced with her ala cotillion. Their were roses for the wishes and balloons for more wishes. We were able to show her how important a person she was and how she touched a lot of lives. But, we did not know that was going to be her last. She joined her creator six months after her 50th birthday. But up to this day, she is remembered during her birthday and each day. On top of anyone else, I look up to her as the ideal mother.



Mama, I know you are still there looking down on us, guiding us in your own way. I know, we had our times of disagreement but I know as well that even before I asked for forgiveness, you've already embraced me including all those faults. I hope I am making you proud with how I am fulfilling my job as a mother to my son now. I am so blessed to have you as my mother and I would not want anyone else. I love you, Mama.




mommy moments

8 comments:

  1. Aw, I am so touched sis. This is a beautiful memory of your mommy. Look how happy she was in this pictures. I am sure everytime you remember her she is smiling happily like that. Visiting from Mommy Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that was so sweet of you...pretty sure will always remember this moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a wonderful mom is truly one of life's greatest blessings. I'm sure your mom is so proud of you, and I'm sure you're going to be a good mom to your son because you had the best mentor. Thanks for the visit, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet of you sis to do that for your mom. Happy Mommy Moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... so touching makes me teary eyed. I myself is missing my dad who passed away 13 years ago. Even with their absence, I'm sure the memories they left us will never be forgotten!


    Visiting (lately) for MM! Hope you don't mind. :) I shared my daughter's BUTTERFLY IDEA at my blog, if you can stop by! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nakakaiyak .talagang ninamnam ko ang pagbabasa .yuo really had the best memory of your mom.she was a special person to everybody especially to you.thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so sad to lose a loved one... :( thanks for sharing a part of your heart with us at mommy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet.. I miss my Mama.

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.