1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Cooking Up a Party

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cooking Up a Party

Yes, I was born during the time where acronyms seems to be a phenomenon. Back during the 70's (oh, well I believe it was until the 80's), people seem to look at acronyms as the easiest way to remember a name of an organization or even an entire phrase or paragraph. It was so "in" that even teachers were using it to teach kids how to memorize meanings of words or steps in a scientific process. It was because of this fame (or infame), that most of barkadahans during those times have names concocted using the first initials of the members of the group. Ours was different though, we call our group, the Fruit Salad. We thought of baptizing the group that name after thinking that each member is different but just like those fruits in the fruit salad, you tend to look for them when they are not present.

What excites me these days, is that in a few months time, we are going to have our annual get together. We always have one big get-together during Christmastime. As I have mentioned, we have become one big happy family . Now like all families we have our own reunions those times. It is something to look forward to as someone gets to be added in every now and then. A new wife, a new husband and yes a new baby, is always a happy addition. This year, I am entrusted to be the PR manager of sorts for the event. I am tasked to coordinate with the entire group which means I need to send email blasts and text blasts. But, it is something that I won't mind doing.

I am also on the lookout for games and activities for the entire day? Hmm, our own version of the famous Pinoy Henyo,perhaps? For the kids, I am going to prepare a cupcake tower and I am asking one of the ladies to bring in the chocolate fountain. For the male spouses, lots of food to eat (and booze, perhaps!). The girls, oh, I am sure they will be happy with all the stories and the foods and the gifts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.