1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Mommy Moments: Parenting Tips

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Mommy Moments: Parenting Tips

When I gave birth nine years ago, I was really clueless on parenthood. I just know that I will eventually become so attach to the little one and that I will be depended on by this little being for the next couple of years. I was actually having mixed emotions because I know that a child is a happy addition to our family and because at last I can now fulfill the dreams of any sane woman, to become a mother. But, I also know that the child would come to the world without a manual and that it is something that cannot be disposed of if you happen to see any defects or if it malfunctions. It is also something that cannot be returned to the manufacturer for warranty or part replacement. You just have to take them on an "as-is-where-is" terms.

The good part is that once you become a parent, you will realize that you are capable of loving another person unconditionally. Yes, there are times that the kid appear to be so makulit that I tend to be pikon of all of his mischievousness. But, at the end of the day, when I tuck him to bed, I realize that I would not trade anything in this world for him or even for an additional kid.

I know that this is supposed to be a parenting tip but I guess any parent would agree that each day with our kids is a learning experience. And that each of us, will have to have a different style of parenting depending on the type of kid that we are dealing with. But I'd say that to new parents I will always tell them these; Seize your moments with your kids and live it to the fullest because life is really to short not to enjoy every single moment we have with them. Let us not be parents that are willing to work hard for the future of these kids but instead let us be with them on each of their tiny steps and until they leap to their own boundaries. After all, that is the essence of being a parent, to be able to guide a child through this labyrinth we call life.

Now, I am headed to see more parenting tips from other mommies.
mommy moments

6 comments:

  1. true indeed mommy! cherish every moment with your child and enjoy every second of having them. great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is truly amazing how one person (our children) who just entered our life upon childbirth can influence us and have so much effect on our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right, once you become a parent.. God also equips you to be one! :D hope to see you again next week at mommy moments! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my site..
    very true.. we learn through our everyday experiences with our babies..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you said here, Mommy: "Let us not be parents that are willing to work hard for the future of these kids but instead let us be with them on each of their tiny steps and until they leap to their own boundaries." Kids grow up so fast and before we know it, they're on their own already, but they will always remember the quality time we spent with them and the love we have always showered them. Visiting late from MM!

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.