1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: FTF: My First Birthday Cake

Saturday, July 02, 2011

FTF: My First Birthday Cake



This is a long overdue post. The cake on the photo has been consumed on my husband's niece birthday last May 12. This is my very first attempt in making an entire cake with everything on it. I enjoyed creating the cake, and everone enjoyed consuming the cake afterwards. It was a red velvet and chocolate cake covered with strawberry buttercream frosting. I know, I know, it's not perfectly frosted. You may see some bumps here and there, but hey, it's my first attempt in frosting an entire cake. After that day, I made myself the official cake baker of the family. I pledged to create cakes on everyone's special day (and I am hoping I can keep up with the promise!)



So, what do you think about my cake?

FTFBadge

7 comments:

  1. i think its great for first try...looks lovely. i love baking but i am still using ready mix but i hope to learn how to bake from scratch and hope to find those ingredients here in cambodia. now, i am wishing i am home back in makati! :) have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for starters! I love baking but just don't have the time to do it anymore. You are one lucky mom for the many hours you can spare for the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pink color you used for your cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another newbie on baking here! That's not bad at all for first try! :) Haven't tried frosting at all.. I think I'm not gonna pass it looks so complicated and requires time and patience. I may have patience but not time hehe

    Dont forget to post your next cake projects!!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks nice. I can't even bake at all. Visiting from voiceBoks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely like the idea of strawberry buttercream......not a huge cake lover. Do you do ice cream cakes? LOL.
    Stopping in from VoiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! i love that it is a choco cake. and nice writing on the cake too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.