1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Mommy Moments: Rainbow Colors

Friday, April 22, 2011

Mommy Moments: Rainbow Colors

Saint Joseph the Worker Church, San Jose del Monte bulacanToday is a special day for catholics all over the world.  I was excited because this is the first time that we were able to do Visita Iglesia as a family.  We visited 14 churches yesterday and we had a great time.  Not only are we able to be awed by the beauty of these churches but we were also able to reflect on the true essence of the Holy Week as a family. As my entry for this week's Mommy Moments, I've chosen a photo taken from one of the churches yesterday.  This is one of my favorite amongst the churches (and one of the two guys favorite as well).  And it goes very well for today's theme which is Rainbow colors. This is the altar of Saint Joseph the Worker Church in San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan.  It was the first church among our itinerary.  We loved the look of the rainbow colored stained glass on the altar and the huge area outside the church.  It was also very solemn and quiet inside that you can only hear the chirping of the birds.  The kid was even asking if we could perhaps go to this church some other time and chances are we will be.


As for today, we just spent the day with each other cuddling and exchanging stories. 'Twas a very rare occassion indeed that the three of us spends time like this so I really enjoyed my two days off for this week. Something that I would not exchange even for 260% additional compensation for working on these days.

Happy Moments Mommies!

mommy moments

16 comments:

  1. oh best times! happy MM and have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic rainbow!

    Rainbow Fun at my page, hope you can take a peek. Have a happy Easter~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to try visita iglesia if I have time and a service maybe I would try that as well mine is here thanks My Little Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, churches are colorful places, too! Happy MM! Here's mine: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/04/mommy-moments-rainbow-colors.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done visita iglesia... Sana next year, ma-experience ko...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never done that yet :( I wish to do that sometime! :D

    Happy EASTER sis! here's mine - http://www.lifesmemoirsonline.info/mommy-moments-baking-session-one/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to spend time with your loved ones noh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was a great way to spend holy week! wish my family could also do that next year!

    happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stained glass always creates a lovely impact:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Mommy Moments..

    Late Visit from MM. Hope you can visit My Mommy Moments thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! very timely and just right for this week's theme..

    ReplyDelete
  12. churches are great places to visit.. really nice architecture too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. i agree with mommy Chris..
    Late visiting from Mommy Moments! :)have a nice day!
    My Rainbow
    *****************
    Shengkay’s Journal
    Shengkay Random Nest

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a nice bonding moment

    enjoy the rest of the week, hope you drop by my rainbow entry too.
    I Love Darly!
    Food and Passion

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a lovely...stained glassed altar, always present in churches! visiting late from mommy moments last week theme rainbow. -PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.