1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: A Different Way of Saying Happy Mother's Day

Saturday, May 07, 2011

A Different Way of Saying Happy Mother's Day

I was baking those cupcakes when the kid asked me about Mothers' Day and I replied that I need to be at the office on that day. He did not say anything and went back to his drawing board. After about 15 minutes, he went back to me and said that if I could take a leave on Mother's day. To which I answered No, because I have already filed a leave for mommy's death anniversary on the 14th and it will be too late for me to file for a leave for Mother's Day. He went back to with his stuff again and after about 15 more minutes went back to me and said, "Paglaki ko, magpe Presidente ako, tapos oorder ko na ang lahat ng Mommies , walang pasok pag Mother's Day. Bakit kaya di naiisip ng Presidente yun ngayon 'no Mama?". (When I grew up, I will be a President and I will make an order that Mommies dont have to go to work on Mother's Day. Why don't you think the President is not thinking about that?). I was stumped and to be honest I was about to burst into laughter and tears. I told him that the president could be thinking a lot to think about declaring Mother's Day an official holiday for Moms. We were about to sleep and he was kissing me goodnight when he said, "Mama, ayoko na pala maging Presidente, maraming problema yun eh. Mag business na lang tayo para di mo na kelangan pumasok pag Mother's day, tapos lahat ng mga nagtatrabaho sa tin na mommies wala rin pasok pag Mother's Day, pede ba yung ganun Mama?" (Mama, I no longer want to be a President because there are lots of problem that a President is worrying about. Let us just venture into a business so you don't have to go to work on Mother's day, then all those Mommies working on our business also do not have to go to work on Mother's day, would that be possible, Mama?). What an insight from an eight-year old kid! I guess, it is his way of saying that he wants me beside him on Mother's day. What a way to be greeted Happy Mother's Day!

To all mommies, nanays, mamas, inays or whatever you are being called; we may only be someone to a lot but for our kids we are everything (or at least during their younger years). So hug them always and let them know you care for them. And if you still have your Mom with you, don't forget to tell them how much you appreciate them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.