1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: A Mother's Love

Sunday, May 08, 2011

A Mother's Love

Mothers' Day is here again. It seems that this special day for Moms has been tainted because of Pacquiao-Mosley boxing bout. Since Pacquiao won, can we say Mommy D is the happiest amongst all moms today? I guess not. I am happy because Hubby and Kid surprised me with a bouquet of red roses after the mass. I know, it was not as grand as the Hermes bag that Mommy D had or those Manolo Blahniks that she will be wearing on her birthday bash. But the flowers came from two important men in my life. I care not about the tag but more about the thought.
Mama sepia
Our Mom makes us be this way. We were brought up to choose needs over wants. We were shown that we have to work hard to be able to get what we want in life. Life can be simple or grand , depending on how you choose life to be. Everything that we are right now, we all owe to this one very special lady.

Mama was there when I had to fight for my right to become the schools representative on a district wide quiz bee in grade one. Mama was there when I delivered my first poem in front of two classrooms full of onlookers, a lot of them I don't know. Mama witnessed how I tripped my way when I was dancing one night in high school. She was also there when I graduated in college. She was with me when I walked down the aisle and she was there during my own take on motherhood. She patiently gave me all the foods that I was craving for, making sure that I get what exactly I want. She might not be beside me when I was laboring for my kid but I know that on her room she was whispering a prayer for my safe delivery. She was there to teach me how to bathe my kid. I could still remember how she beams with pride holding on to her only apo. She was patient enough to call us each and every day when we were living far from them. She never fails to give hope and courage even during the times that she was already bedridden with cancer. She never makes it hard for us to live with her illness. Although she battled cancer for almost six years, we never saw the pain in her eyes until the very last hours. She may be gone now but her spirit remains. Whenever I see my kid and hug him, I now know how it feels to become a mother and I now know why she chooses to live longer. She chose to live longer even when she is silently in pain so she could be with us for a little more time. I guess it is true, that Angels cannot be everywhere, so He just created Mothers.



Mama, wherever you are please know that you are loved and that we are blessed having you as our Mom.

Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Welcoming you to voiceboks...and following along on your adventures in Manila.

    How lovely is your mom??

    xo
    babymama
    avagracescloset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post about your mother is beautiful. I remember how difficult it was adjusting to my mother being gone. For over 40 years she had always been there, then all at once she was gone and I couldn't talk to her anymore.
    Your photos are priceless!
    New Follower from voiceboks! Hope you can stop by for a visit.
    Thanks, Becky Jane
    http://RiseAboveYourLimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post! and welcome to voice boks.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com
    www.thebusybeefamileee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.