1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: MM: Preggy Tales

Friday, May 06, 2011

MM: Preggy Tales

mommy moments

My first pregnancy was a delight , I would say. I had always had irregularities with my menses eversince I could remember. I even told Hubby prior to getting married that it could be difficult for us to be pregnant because of my menstrual irregularities He said he is marrying me because he loves me and that it is no big deal if we can be pregnant or not. We were pretty surprised when just after six months of being married, we have been blessed. Surprised and Delighted were understatement. I did not have any problems on my first three trimesters. the only problem was I dreaded the smell of sauteing dishes and that I want to eat certain types of foods (my Mom was always there to rescue Hubby on my cravings and so are my Titas). The kid was the first grandchild on my side of the family and you could imagine the excitement he has created on the family. Things go differently when I entered my third trimester. The kid on my tummy was very active and he was kicking and dancing inside my womb. The kickings and dancings started to create contractions. On my sixth and a half month of pregnancy, my cervix is already 1cm dilated. This worried my OB GYNE and eventually ordered me on bed rest and on Duvadilan every eight hours. I was nervous and I kept on talking to the kid inside me. I asked him to stay quiet or Mama might be rushed to the delivery room making it hard for both of us. I guess, the kid inside listened and I was able to carry him to full term. I gave birth to a healthy 2.745 kgs. baby boy (that looks like a girl). Regrets? I was not able to capture the pregnancy in pictures. Those few images that I had when I was pregnant were gone with Ondoy.

Last March 26 , 2009, I had the same delighted feeling when I tested positive after 3 years of trying-to-conceive. But the feeling was shortlived, we lost the baby at almost nine weeks. The only thing that left the pregnancy was the image that i kept in my Facebook profile til now.

I am very happy that God gave me a shot at being a mom. It completed the woman in me. I would greatly appreciate though if He will give me another shot at being a Mom, and I am praying that it will be soon.

8 comments:

  1. I am happy to know a positive mom like you sis. Keep on believing and praying that you gonna have a baby soon. :) Come and see my Mommy moments here. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in prayers for another bundle of joy :)

    Thanks for dropping by my site. I following you now! I would love it if you could follow me back! <3

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ako din I would like another baby next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have another baby in God's time. Happy Mother's Day! Here's my entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/05/mommy-moments-preggy-tales.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. My baby was also very active and was kicking all the time, and just like you, I was advised to rest, maybe it was also because I was already exercising so early.

    http://hazeljlabado.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that was sad.. wish you have another baby pretty soon, girl..

    a visit from Kimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on trying and don't lose hope. God will answer your prayers in His time. Thanks for the MM visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. miracles happen.. and God is really so great when he allowed us to be part of the miracle called pregnancy.. happy mommy moments!

    by the way, hope you can help me by commenting on my post at Memorable Moments

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.