1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: The New Look

Thursday, March 08, 2012

The New Look

It’s Friday once again and time for Mommies to post their moments online. Yesterday we also celebrate the International Women’s day. What could best define womanhood than being a mom, I guess nothing else. This is also my birthday month, so you could perhaps imagine the importance of this month for me. And to celebrate this month of merriment (well, at least for me!), I decided to take a bold move of donning a short hair. For the last three years or so, it has been long do for me. My family even raised their eyebrows when I told them I am cutting my hair short. Hubby even said, it’s not bagay for my face shape. But being the hard headed lady that I am, I still pushed through with the idea. So yesterday, I visited a neighborhood salon, and asked the stylist to cut my hair ala KC Concepcion. Even the gay stylist was tongue tied and kept on asking me prior to cutting my hair if I was sure that I want it short. To which I replied, “Yes, it will grow back so nothing to worry about cutting it short.”



The difference in the length is very clear. I am getting mixed reactions on this but in the end what I feel is what's important. I feel great about my new look and I am loving it. I guess you just have to be confident to sometimes move outside of your comfort zone, and yes, that goes with hair lengths, too.

mommy moments

18 comments:

  1. looks good to you, they'll get used to your new look anyway :)
    I came from Mommy Moments :)Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sabi kasi nila mukha daw akong villain sa mga koreanovela...hahaha!

      Delete
  2. love the short hair, you look really good. what's important is what makes you happy because in being happy you can bring happiness to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! your so brave nga... Good for you. Me, I'm too chicken to do it....

    Happy Birthday to you in advance ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the early birthday greeting!

      ang init kasi eh bigla ko tuloy naisip na magpagupit ng maiksi!

      Delete
  4. Bagay sayo! sarap mag shampoo pag ganyang bagong gupit ang gaang ng pakiramdam.
    Happiness is
    Isdaan Floating Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, sis, we have to try something new every once in a while; we'll never know if we like something unless we try. Visiting back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cut, its foxy! haha! make you look young too :) I've done several crazy cuts with my hair too and it feels good to have a little adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah.. you look younger too! :D have a grand time with your new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. confidence lang talaga ang labanan ;) people just have to get used to your new look, nanibago lang sila, kaya go ahead, keep on rocking that new hairstyle of yours ;)

    thanks for sharing this over at Happiness Is. see you there again for another round of happy posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute hair cut :) you look good! visiting from happiness is...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm dropping back from mommy moments sis. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the ne hair look good to you, this month i also my birthmonth, anyway returning the visit for happiness is and mommy moments..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh advance happy birthday din sa iyo! thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  12. wow! when i get slimmer, maybe i would dare to have my hair cut that way.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.