1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Blessings

Monday, January 21, 2013

Blessings



The  year of the dragon is about to bid us goodbye a few days from now.  Being the dragon baby that I am, yes I was born on 1976, I hoped for the best when the dragon year entered.  True to its promise, it was indeed a year full of blessings for us.  Hubby's small business picked up its pace.  Projects kept coming in and there were very few problems in the operations of the business. Though I bid my job goodbye, I was given opportunities outside the office.  I had the privilege of assisting a friend in starting up a business venture.  I was able to help out in developing a website for that same business.There are offers to work from home that are still coming in up until now.  I declined most of them because I enjoyed being a full time mom again after almost six years.  I've seen how my kid enjoyed every day that I spent with him and I've come to realized what I had missed back when I was still working.   Apart from reviving my housewife status, I was also able to relieve my childhood memories thru a reunion for a cause with my elementary batchmates.  It was nice to give back and share some of the blessings that were being poured onto us.  The smiles from the kids were more than enough to wave off the tiredness that we felt for the preparation of the gifts and the foods.   More so, knowing that a lot of kids felt blessed that day is another reason to smile about.

One thing that 2012 has taught us is that we have to count our blessings instead of lingering on our problems.  Problems just come and go, and it is actually a reason for us to still smile.  Why? because it is only the living that is sorrounded with problems hence they are an indication that we are still alive.

2013 have come in and the Chinese year of the snake is about to start by the 10th of February but I am not lonely at all.  I am bidding the Dragon with a happy heart and welcoming the Snake is a very positive outlook.  Who wouldn't if you were given this kind of a blessing?
Yes, there's bun in the oven and we are praying that there will be no problem this time.  We have been trying to conceive for almost four years now so you can see the reason for that big smile.


I am sure that more people have a lot of B inspired writings, kindly click on the badge below to see some of them. 





14 comments:

  1. I was born in the year of the snake! Blessings to you.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray for people born under the snake sign!
      thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and enjoy every moment being with your children.
    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I surely will especially now that I have a new baby coming soon!

      Delete
  3. Very inspiring@! Sometimes we concentrate more on the problem and forget to appreciate our blessings.

    Blade
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we often forget that our blessings outweighs the problems that we have.

      thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, spending time with children is indeed a blessing.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting!
      indeed a blessing to see my lil ones grow!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the baby news! I'll be praying for you too.

    I really enjoy your thoughtful posts. I've started reading your early ones and look forward to reading myself up-to-date.

    Wishing you another year full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow congrats! That's a wonderful gift and the greatest blessing of all. Wishing you all the best in the Year of the Snake, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's truly a wonderful blessing for your family. Congrats and take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is truly a blessing from above. congrats and take care of yourself and your baby :0 can't wait for your preggy updates :)

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.