1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: A is for "Attraversiamo"

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A is for "Attraversiamo"

Attraversiamo, Let's Cross over


ATTRAVERSIAMO, an Italian word that means "let's cross over." I am no Italian but this has been my favorite A word ever since I have watched "Eat, Pray, Love". It tells of how a married woman find her appetite for life back, how she deals with her own issues in life with the help of the people she meets along her journey. I don't have any marital problems whatsoever but this word reminds me that one day as a mother I will have to cross over some things or situations for my son. I will have to learn how to let him go if he no longer needs my assistance. I will have to let him be the person he wants to be and not the person I want him to become. And judging from how he is fast growing, this could be sooner than later. Oh well, I guess I'll just say Attraversiamo when that time comes! And also my first name starts with the letter A. Care to guess what my first name is? It's a very common name so it won't be hard to guess. For more of A inspired writings, please check out

9 comments:

  1. Yes, the journey's the thing! Nice post. and I LOVE Italian words.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Italian words, but I love Italian foods more!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... Ann or Anna perhaps? I really enjoyed your thoughts and I love your A word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I responded to you in more depth at my site, but in case you missed it, much of the best fun I've had with acting has been the stuff I've done in the living room with my family. If you'd like some ideas or encouragement to pursue your childhood dream of acting with your family at your home, I'd be happy to answer questions, root for you, and happily read about your experiences!

      Delete
    2. I would love to have those idea on acting,one day I will send you an email to ask for help and encouragement. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  3. Alice? Time flies for all of us and your word will be used sooner rather than later, I can assure you! :D

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. The more reason why I want to enjoy as many moments as possible with my kid because I know that the time will come when he would not want to have me by his side.

      BTW, it's Anna.

      Delete
  4. Anne, Annie, Alice?

    Now, that would be the hard part as a parent, crossing over that stage.

    Catching up with ABC entries.

    Aunt
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's Anna.

      Harder for us moms than for the dads, I think!

      Delete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.