1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: A Reunion for a Cause

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Reunion for a Cause

       "We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” 
                                                                  ― Winston S. Churchill 

 Last year was a good year for us. We were given opportunities and was showered with so many small blessings. One of the best thing that happened last year is that both Hubby and me were able to reconnect with old friends. Hubby had a reunion with his high school friends and he was one of the organizers. He asked me to come with him on the day of their reunion. It was nice meeting people who were part of Hubby's teenage days. Hearing them tell stories about their high school life made me want to see my high school friends too. Not that we don't see each other often, it's just that I suddenly miss them.

On the other hand, I also got myself too busy since I spearheaded a little project of our batch from my elementary grade school. This is the reason why I was not able to blog plus my aching hand which is going to be another story. It is the 23rd year of graduation from elementary last year and my batchmates have been wanting to have a reunion. The problem is no one is actually taking charge, hence, they asked me to spearhead the reunion. I obliged but I have also asked them something in return. I told them I will organize the reunion provided that it's going to be for a cause. The idea of "Reunion for a Cause ng mga Batang Malanday 1989" was then born.

Oh yes , we have a vision for this project. We thought of giving gifts to each student of the school but later realized that because of fund restraints we can only accommodate a portion of the school's population. We managed to raise enough funds to more than 10% of the students, thanks to batchmates who were kind enough in giving not just money but time and effort as well. We went to Divisoria to buy the gifts for the 250 indigent children of our beloved school. We wrapped the gifts and we also cooked foods for the kids.



Seeing them smile is more than enough for us to realize how lucky we were then and how blessed we are right now. We hope that we can continue this as a yearly affair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.