1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Craving for Mangoes

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Craving for Mangoes

Have you ever felt the urge to take a bite on a food that's nowhere in sight? Well, I do.  Just recently, I have this crazy cravings for ripe mangoes.  Blame it on the pregnancy.  It's good that the fruit I crave much is  readily available. Philippine mangoes are in abundance from the month of  December but it reaches it's peak season during the summertime.  It was so nice that my husband is very supportive that he extend all effort to get me the food I want to eat.




So what is it about pregnancy and food cravings?  I read that the reason why pregnant women crave for a certain food is because they are in need of the nutrient contained in that specific food item.  Some even says that food aversions have something to do with the gender of the child in your tummy.  If it's the citrusy type then it's going to be a girl (yehey!) and if it's the spicy type, it will be a boy.   But what about those who craves for really crazy foods? (Trust me, I know some of them!)  Old wives' tale says that it is actually just a way of pregnant moms to get the assurance that they can still get what they want even if they are no longer the pretty, sexy lady that their husband's adore.

The funny thing about my craving is that I actually don't want to eat these mangoes and all I want is just sniff on them for as long as I can.  I just love their smell and I believe it eases out the nausea I am experiencing during nighttime.


Wanna see what's with the letter C? Please head on to ABC Wednesday to see some other entries.

 

4 comments:

  1. I never had mangoes until I was an adult. Delicious!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I've ever had mangoes. I did have cravings during pregnancy. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll, I'm not even pregnant, but now you have me craving mangos! They happen to be my favourite fruit and I usually have some frozen whenever the craving strikes. I'm off for some right now!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing tender thoughts about your mom on my blog (I did finally respond to them!) and a big thanks for sharing your pregnancy excitement and enthusiasm with us. I was told at the age of fifteen that I would not be able to have children. It lifts my heart to see others who enjoy the blessings of having children from the very beginning. You have a very lucky baby! I am so thrilled for you. :)

    I love the smell of mangos, though I doubt I could be completely satisfied just breathing them in- they taste too delicious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.