1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Santa Claus on Sale

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Santa Claus on Sale

If you have been to the Philippines, then you surely know that Christmas from where I am starts as early as September. Chistmas songs are played on the radio and malls starts to dispose their previous inventory via big Sale. You would see a lot of christmas decors everywhere. Speaking of decors, the kid and I went to a bookstore last weekend and we saw these paint-your-own Santa Claus set. It comes with four Santa Claus porcelain figures, a brush and a paint set. I want to add a different flair to our Christmas tree this year and thought that this could be what I wanted. And the kid was really bugging me in getting them. He said he wants to paint them and that it would be a good bonding moment for us. Makes sense, right?

 So this is how they look like inside the box.

Once they were out of the box, I found out that they seem to be heavy for something to be hanging on a tree. I guess, I better find a different place for them instead. On top of a side table perhaps?

And here they are after they have been painted.
Pardon the fourth one, it was not fully painted yet. My bad, i got all sleepy when we were painting them. I guess painting porcelain figurines would help me in my sleeping habits, too. And, did I tell you, these are really cheap deals? This stash only cost  P 169.75 (around 4 US dollars). Another thing is that it's on sale, you get to have another box for free when you buy it. So that means eight Santa Claus figurines instead of four. Good buy, isn't it?

 I still wish I have enough money though because I would really like to buy this Santa Claus.  He will surely be a great addition to our garden come Christmastime.  Hmm, perhaps next year?

8 comments:

  1. Santa coming SOON
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, that's the reason why I am being extra nice :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that's far too early for us! We at least wait until almost Halloween! lol

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same with my family...we start decorating the house with christmas decors after halloween...but we only put the christmas tree down after the Epiphany (the 1st sunday of January)!
      thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this. I'll check this out. Love ng daughter ko mag paint and you're right that it's also a form of bonding with our kids. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your daughter will love this...and I saw the same set is also available in Puregold, hope there's one near your place!

      Delete
  4. Santa is in town already, yay!

    Hooray, I finally get my PC back so I am playing catch up with all of the S entries this week.

    SketcheS, please come and see.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Saw this in Ace Hardware!

    Anyway, I am inviting you to join my giveaway~

    http://devmommy.com/devmommy-giveway/

    See you there ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.