1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Q is Quiet Time

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Q is Quiet Time

From the moment that I had started to read, I had always been a bookworm. I find solace in reading than in watching TVs or listening to the radio. Reading brings me to places I have never been and makes me experience things that are most of the times out-of-this-world. And this is the very same reason why I am such a sucker for book sale! Yesterday, we went to one of our favorite bookstore and these are the books that I hauled.
Reading is my me-time, my quiet time and I enjoy every moment of it. And I am glad that the kid seems to inherit the fondness for reading. He has his own collection of comic books to brag about.


A large, still book is a piece of quietness, succulent and nourishing in a noisy world, which I approach and imbibe with “a sort of greedy enjoyment,” as Marcel Proust said of those rooms of his old home whose air was “saturated with the bouquet of silence.” – Holbrook Jackson

9 comments:

  1. Love the quietness too. I enjoyed the book Three Cups of Tea that you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Quietness too.. Am an avid bookworm too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is something that I enjoy as well.

    Questions
    Would you mind pitching an answer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to read a lot before I discover blogging but now only bed time stories na lang for my kids. We have Bible stories book here too.

    Que Sera Sera
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, also, am an avid reader. Currently, I'm reading the Kurt Wallander (by Henkel Menning - Swedish) series and sometimes wonder if I'll end up having nightmares after reading some of the cases he deals with.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never resist a book store browse, nothing like cracking open a new book.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on a book reading binge lately.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love to read, and enjoy a quite time as often as I can carve it out in my busy life. I also have read "The Cups of Tea" and enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice collection of books you have! Wish I also have my me-time reading books in a quite time.

    Btw, thank for the follow! follow you back also =)

    Leizle
    ABC Wednesday Team
    http://phinkymommyextension.blogspot.com/2012/11/qoutes-of-love.html

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.