1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: My Latest Addiction

Thursday, May 03, 2012

My Latest Addiction

I am not the type of person who frequents the salon to pamper myself, that is just not my way.  I'm more of the foodie type.  Drag me to one foodie nook to another and you will definitely see me smiling.  Not that I am not kikay, it's just that I don't want others to do the make-up, manicure and all for me.  But my sister-in-law insisted we try nail arts.  I was very hesitant because I do not want to get hurt with the cleaning tools.  What she did though, was to try to do everything for me.  Yes, she did not drag me to a salon but instead we went to Divisoria to get all the tools.  She already owns a basic manicure set so what we really need where the special ones.  It's more than six months now since we first tried nail arts for our own and I am really glad with all the outcome.  My sister-in-law is now making a living out of this. She now services most of her neighbors.  As for me it has become my latest addiction, I ask her to do my nails at least twice a month.  And this is what she did just recently.

 

We went to a party after my nails were done and they were a big point of conversation.  Everybody seems to love my teddy bear nails. And whenever I tell them that they are made freehand, the next thing they are asking are the contact numbers of my sister-in-law.  Looks like, we are heading for a new business here.



15 comments:

  1. I haven't tried nail art before. Your teddy bear nails are really cute! I hope you can visit my entry, too. Thanks! http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2012/05/our-unforgettable-x-rider-experience.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the visit! you seem to really enjoy the ride!

      Delete
  2. Love the nails! They are so cute! Your sister-in-law is so good at this. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sister-in-law says thank you for the compliment!

      thanks for the visit too!

      Delete
  3. I'm lovin' the design! Your sis-in-law is good! My mom also started to do nail arts and she practices on my nails. Have also been posting nail arts on my blog recently. It's fun right?

    Happiness visit! Mine is up here: http://www.womenschoice.info/2012/05/womens-choice-ranked-pr2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congrats on your higher PR! am wishing for mine to shoot up too! LOL!

      thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. Luvvet, so artistic!

    My Happiness , have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the upcoming business. I have always wanted to try nail art but the language barrier here is too time-consuming. That teddy bear design is just perfect for a mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, really perfect...especially if you are to attend a "binyagan" or baby shower...

      thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  6. Wow! So cute bears on nails:) thanks for the comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful design Sis :-) love it :-) Dropping by from Happiness Is

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.