1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: My Kid and His Food Choice

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Kid and His Food Choice

My kid is real foodie at heart. A lot of times, he stays with me in the kitchen during food preparation time. One day, he asks if he can cook for us. Since it was just a very easy omelet dish, I give in to his desire.
the kid cooking his version of Tuna Omelet
A lot of other mom friends are asking me how I make my kid eat vegetables and other healthy foods. Well, as early as he can start on solid foods, I introduced "true" foods to him. He grew up on home cooked mashed potatoes, mashed carrots, and other fruits or vegetables that can be mashed. He never tasted baby foods from the supermarkets. And I guess that is the reason why he has a very good choice when it comes to food. I did not even have to bother asking him to take on healthy snacks like salads and healthy breads over junk foods. Well, not that he does not take some chips or those fat-laden burgers but its just that he knows he can only have it in certain times and not everyday.
He even does the plating of his dish.
To date, the kid normally favors vegetable salads (and even makes his own vinaigrette), he loves fish dishes and most of the time asks for his favorite Chicken Caldereta  ("and Mama, please add in some paprika and some chili pepper for the kick!", he always asks).  For his baon, he wants Vegetable Wrap or Baked Potato with Cheese and Bacon.

another favorite of the kid, Ensaladang Talbos ng Kamote

I guess, it's all about introducing your kids as early as possible to healthy options. And we are both reaping it's benefits. My kid rarely gets sick and if ever it's almost always the usual cough and colds. That makes me a happy Mom!
mommy momentsPhotobucket

12 comments:

  1. grabe kakaproud yan! yung daughter ko din mahilig sa gulay pero yung talbos di pa niya kaya. ang galing mo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I admire you for growing a son who's into veggies. nowadays kasi halos lahat mga kids di hilig ang gulay.

    I notice the bowl your son used has the same design with the plate we use here at home. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really! it was my dad who chose the bowl...

      thanks for dropping by, Pie!

      Delete
  3. Your son is a wonder these days. Mine is picky; sometimes I end up hiding veggies underneath the rice in his spoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel:try mincing the veggies before putting them in dishes, for most of my mom friends that works!

      thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. that is a blessing! :) im sure he will grow up to become a great chef one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Color Connection last week. The linky is up now for this week's round, so come and link up once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's impressive that your son never had processed foods as a baby. That's something to aim for, for my own baby.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! He can be an executive chef someday. :) way to go!

    themommist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just liked your Facebook page and followed you on GFC. Hope to get a like and a follow back as well. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.