1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Growing Up Foodista

Monday, March 14, 2011

Growing Up Foodista

Apart from the phrase "Ano ulam natin ngayong gabi?( what's for dinner?)" another common phrase from my growing up kid would be "Ano baon ko bukas, Mama? (What's my snack at school for tomorrow?)". He really is no longer a baby, even his food choices are no longer for babies. Hubby will probably give me a queer look when he reads this. He had been reprimanding me of calling the kid a baby. Back to the original topic, it was nice though to see him making good food choices every time he eats. As an example, he would prefer to have a vegetable tortilla wrap or sliced baby carrots for his baon rather than junk foods. When other kids are munching on hot dogs and greasy pizzas for their school snacks my kid prides himself in eating vegetable sticks. He would always ask me during my rest days to cook a batch of cookies and he would carefully lay them on the cookie jar once they've cooled and he would grab a cookie whenever he feels the need to munch on something. Last Friday, this was what was on his snack bag.

Veggie Wrap


I am very happy with his food choices and I just realized that this could be because we managed to introduce him to those good foods. I guess, there is really another foodie in the house.

1 comment:

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.