1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Praying for Motherhood, the Second Time Around

Monday, March 09, 2009

Praying for Motherhood, the Second Time Around



Roughly four years go when we decided to have another kid. I stopped the pill and waited to be pregnant in the months that followed. It was in the same year that we found out that my left ovary was not so healthy. I was one of the many women who suffered from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). My then-OB told me it will be hard to conceive the natural way. During the same time, my Mom is struggling against Bone Cancer. That made me shrugged off PCOS, I even told myself the old saying “pag di ukol, di bubukol”. But waking up this morning made me realize that I am not getting any younger, few days from now, I will turn 33. We have always wanted Jian to enjoy the role of being a “kuya”. In our daily conversations , I often call him “Anya” or “Kuya”. And I know he likes it when he is being called that way.

Now, I am contemplating. Should we try IVF or wait some more for God’s Time?

In the meantime, my officemate told me about St. Gerard Majella, the patron saints of motherhood. I think I will try to pray some more.

Good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your aid. You know that our marriage has not as yet been blessed with a child and how much my husband and I desire this gift. Please present our fervent pleas to the Creator of life from whom all parenthood proceeds and beseech Him to bless us with a child whom we may raise as His child and heir of heaven. Amen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.