1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Not so ordinary Sunday

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Not so ordinary Sunday

Hubby and I were aboard our ever reliable motorcycle traversing the MacArthur highway today. My attention was caught by six MMDA workers pounding a part of the sidewalk near the footbridge located beside the Cosmos plant in Malabon-Valenzuela boundary. Under the scorching heat of the sun, the men are working hard in clearing the streets that a lot of commuters pass by daily. Considering it was a sunday, I could not help but comment about what they were doing. I even told my hubby that it was such a pleasure seeing some government workers fulfilling their duties even on sundays. To which hubby commented, "Ibig sabihin nyan nagtatrabaho din si Bayani (Fernando) kahit sunday." I asked back, "Paano mo naman nasabi yun?". Eh kasi daw he has to monitor the works of this men even remotely (via cellfone). What shocked me more is seeing more of these MMDA men as we traverse Rizal Avenue in Caloocan City. Hay sana, ganito ang devotion ng lahat ng government employees sa bayan natin. I know, they are paid for overtime work but hey, let us give credit to where credit is due. Hindi mo naman pwede pilitin ang mga tao kung ayaw nilang pumasok especially if it will be just overtime work. Also, this simply means one thing, that our government is exerting effort in doing their part in making our country a better place to live in. So , I believe we have to do our part as well.
Or should I say Bayani Fernando is doing a job well done chairing the MMDA?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.