1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Long Live Sexy Pinoy Moms!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Long Live Sexy Pinoy Moms!

I have enjoyed bloghopping today and there was an article that caught my attention. I read from the SexyMom that she have been accused of being an embarrassment to the country just because she was a "sexy" mom or was using such a monicker.

Some questions popped into my mind, "when does being sexy become an embarrassment ?" and "kelan pa po naging decent ang accusations and threats". I myself is a mom and I could tell the world that I have never felt most sexy in my life than when I became pregnant and became a mom. I believe that being sexy does not have to mean being a sex goddess or having an insatiable sexual appetite. Being sexy is being confident on how you look and how you carry yourself. It is more a state of mind, well, after all, the mind is actually where all sexual activities starts, right?


As per the definition of sexy , I see no problem in using the word to describe a mom or any Filipina for that matter. Maybe some would raise an eyebrow on this, well then, but maybe a lot would find it interesting that the Filipino moms are finally coming out of our cocoons and are more straightforward than there ancestors. Blame it on the current trend of globalization. We even send out contetants to all sorts of beauty pageants who paraded international beauties wearing skimpy bikinis. Gone are those days of projecting the "Maria Clara" image (which I believe was not so Filipina at all). The Filipina Moms of the 21st century is one who can confidently speak her mind out and yet take care of her family as well.

Let us always remember the old Filipino saying "Linisin mo muna ang sarili mo, bago molinisin ang bakuran ng iba." A saying that still holds true to this day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.