1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: New Year's Feast...New Year Feat

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Year's Feast...New Year Feat

Exactly eight days to go before Christmas and fifteen days before New Year, hubby and I are still debating on what to have on our table for the special occassion. I have been suggesting that we go for an all-Filipino feast for New Year, except for the addition of the Spagetti (which I am planning of Filipinizing as well). Hubby wants to have an Asian inspired feast on the other hand. He was even telling me that the Paella and the Leche Flan are not actually Filipino dish iin nature and that there are actually no such thing as authentic Filipino dish because dishes of the Philippines are actually a fusion. But since I do the marketing of the groceries and other stuff, he can't say "No." if I already have them on the pantry. I want an all Filipino menu because my two brothers who are from Singapore and Japan will be here. I know how hard it is to find authentic Pinoy dishes cooked the way it should be when you are far from home. Besides, it is only during this time that my brothers are here. So,here goes the menu for the New Year's Eve feast.


Appetizers:
Lumpiang Prito
Main Dishes:
Seafood Paella
Pork Hamonado
Pochero
Pancit Palabok
Herbed Chicken Inasal
Spagetti
Desserts:
Ube Halaya
Leche Plan
Sapin-sapin

For sure my younger brother who adores my mom's Dinuguan will be asking me to make my version of it and the other brother will be asking for Kare Kare. This means that I might spend most of my time in the kitchen before the countdown. For sure the New Year's feast will be a New Year's feat for me but I really don't care, as long as I can suffice their cravings. The smiles on their faces will be more than enough to repay the day's hardwork at the kitchen.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.