1. Mom from Manila | Ramblings of a Mom about love, life and everything else in between: Motherhood and Me

Friday, May 11, 2012

Motherhood and Me

Mothers' day is just around the corner. This is going to be my tenth year celebrating this day as the Mom. Kidding aside, I actually have a hard time celebrating it when I was still a kid. I was not raised in a family that is vocal about how we feel. We were not raised on hugs and kisses and words of endearment. Maybe, because my Mom and Dad, grew up like that. But it does not mean that we did not feel loved. Mama has her own way of saying all those things. It is on the baon that she prepares for us every single day. It is felt on the crisp, clean, well-ironed clothes that we wear every day to school. It is on the long walks that we share when he brings and fetches me from school. It is on the food that is always waiting for us whenever we went home. Mama may not be very vocal but we felt all the love in all the things she did for us.
Motherhood changed me a lot, so to speak. I became more vocal about my thankfulness for my Mom. I look forward to this day every year. Though Mama is no longer with us physically, I know that she feels how grateful I am being her daughter. I know that she sees all my moves and that she is still guiding the mother in me. Now that I am a mother, I see to it that my kid not just hear the words of endearment, but also feel all the love day in and day out. Happy Mothers' Day!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks a lot! hope you also had a memorable Mothers' day!

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful smiles!

    Thanks a lot for joining Color Connection. Our Colorful weekend, have a great Mother's day Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy mother's day to You.Nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy mother's day to you!

    Visiting for color connection
    Bellarocca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting the tenderness of their faces, I love her smile and beautiful eyes. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a late greetings here! hope you had a great Day;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated happy mother's day to you and thanks for visiting my site. Anyway, Did you try to bake the pineapple and coconut cake? Did you like it? We keep in touch:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. late greetings here, like you I'm not vocal in expressing my love to my mother but i hope she feels my love for her =). Now, i have my own daughter i always express my love for her orally and happy she is the same to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photo of the three generations...and all in shades, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful picture of Grandma, Mommy and the grandson...perfect :-) Dropping by from Color Connection

    ReplyDelete

Mom from Manila highly appreciates constructive comments. This is a DO FOLLOW comment section.